Degraded RAID1 - Adaptec HostRAID SCSI controller

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Fri Oct 1 08:52:18 UTC 2010

  On 10/1/2010 3:38 AM, Rahul Tidke wrote:
> Sep 27 09:30:05 matrix kernel: sd 1:0:2:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

I had the same thing this week with a Dell SAS 5/iR controller.  I
didn't see any hard drive i/o errors but of the 'sd' device itself.  I
rebooted and went into the card's bios, and in there it crashed with a
parity error.  Bought a used card off ebay, drove there and back to
replace it, and it resync'd the array (raid-1 that is..)  and we're up
and running.

So, do you have another raid card?

-eric wood