Converting ext4 to xfs

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Oct 2 15:51:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 22:02:32 -0700
suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apart from a howtoforge article and a couple of pages on the btrfs
> wiki I couldn't find beginner level documentation to get familiar with
> the command line tools for btrfs. Could you point me to some resources
> to get started?

There are man pages for each of the tools in the btrfs package,
btrfs-progs.

/usr/share/man/man8/btrfs-image.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/btrfs-show.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/btrfsck.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/btrfsctl.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/mkfs.btrfs.8.gz

Because of your inquiry, I also did some research.  Btrfs sounded like
the bees knees, but I got cold feet when I read all the warnings about
it being suitable only for benchmarking and testing, and not to run any
production or even slightly valuable information on it.  I was going to
run F14 on it when I install it.  Think I'll stick with ext4 now. Or
maybe not. :-)