Installing F14 Beta

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 3 18:48:02 UTC 2010

  On 10/3/10 11:20 AM, JD wrote:

> On 10/03/2010 02:48 AM, Tim wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 20:42 -0700, JD wrote:
>>> That may be so!
>>> But it is not YOUR place to say to anyone
>>> if their post is out of place.
>> Actually, he's right to say so.  Likewise for any other of us to say the
>> same thing:  You're posting off topic, here.  The right place is the
>> other list.
>>
>> Firstly, which list is for what has been defined by the list owners, and
>> it *is* defined as he informed you (test release messages on the test
>> list, messages about the current releases on this list).
>>
>> Secondly, the list is partly managed by all the members, him being one
>> of them.  If one of the list members informs you of something that you
>> ought to be doing, then you ought to do it.  If you continue to be a
>> pain about it, then you might well find the list owner steps in and
>> instructs you to conform.
>>
> Then I strongly encourage you to unsubscribe because
> I will continue and persist in posting here on this list.
> So spare yourself the agony, and unsubscribe.

Alright, children.  Stop fighting.  There is a list for discussions
about test releases.  That is where test releases are discussed.  Now,
if this becomes a problem with a released version, then it belongs here.

As far as I can read out of this, the problem exists both with test AND
release versions where it takes hours to run an update and this is a
KNOWN issue and there is NOTHING that can be done about it.

This thread should die here and now.  The discussion is not moving
forward.  If you want to continue this in private, please do so.

James McKenzie