F13: Automatic Updates not Working

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:51:20 UTC 2010

     Hello,

  I have F13 on one machine where it never prompts for software
updates. I think it used to prompt in the past (with the same F13). I
even switched automatic updates checking from daily to hourly, but no
difference. Regularly, after some days have passed without prompt for
updates, I run yum update and install the updates that accumulated,
sometimes dozens of them. I googled for the problem but only found old
references and no solution. That machine used to be used not very
frequently, with power downs occasionally lasting a week or two, and
it is usually off during nights. Any idea what is going on? Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)