Ugly mouse cursor

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 6 17:57:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:05:50 -0700,
  Brian Mury <brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 08:44 -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > I guess I'll just put up with the ugly mouse pointer...
>
> yum install bluecurve-cursor-theme
>
> Assuming you are using GNOME:
>
> System->Preferences->Appearance menu
> Customize button on the Theme tab
> Switch to Pointer tab
> Select Bluecurve (or Bluecurve-inverse if you prefer white)

This seems to set the normal point. Is there a way to set the waiting
pointer? I don't like the circular one I get because it is hard to click
on items in size comparable to the circle. (It isn't obvious which part
of the circle is the tip of the pointer.) I currently use bluecurve with
a work around for a menu scrolling bug and the echo icon set. The pointer
seems to be dmz-aa.