AVI and gxine

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:41:55 UTC 2010

  On 10/07/2010 01:02 PN, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>       Hello,
>
>    I wanted to watch a video in AVI format. Since xine supposedly can
> play AVI, I installed gxine from the Fedora repository. When I tried
> to play the AVI movie, I get the message:
>
>    "Error loading library: msvidc32.dll"
>
>    Besides being surprised that a required library is missing, I find
> the name odd for a Linux library. What is going on? Thanks!
>
>       Take care
>       Oliver

I used to download the necessary codecs directly from  http://xinehq.de
but that site seems to be dead. I cannot get any response from it.
xinehq.com is some other advertising web site.
Then there is a sourceforge site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine
but it has no links to download codecs.

I wonder if xine development/support has reached an EOL ?
Will it re-incarnate soon at a dedicated site?