ipv4 address disappear

cheng chen freakrobot at acm.org
Fri Oct 8 05:56:53 UTC 2010

I am using the Fedora13 to connect to my embedded board.
And I set the Fedora13 ip address with command "ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.101"
but each time after I use embedded board's u-boot to ping the computer it
says "192.168.1.101 is alive". So it's OK.
Then I check my PC with command "ifconfig",
eth0's ipv4 address is disappeared.
Even I change the connection method to "Manual" and specific the IP, this
still happens.
I can't figure out how to fix this problem. please help, thx.

--
Cheng(誠)

Fedora Project Contributor -- Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Freakrobot

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Freakrobot>VEDA Open Source Club
co-founder
http://www.vedaclub.org/