Is the download.fedora.redhat.com down?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Oct 8 09:13:56 UTC 2010

 On 10/08/2010 03:57 PM, William Perkins wrote:
> Is there a problem with the download.fedora.redhat.com system or is
> it my problem?  I have been using this FTP and HTTP server for Fedora
> updates for quite awhile with no problems, but several days ago it
> stopped accepting connections from the system that handles package
> updates for all of my servers and clients.  No errors are returned,
> there is just no response.  It does resolve correctly in the DNS:
> 209.132.183.67.  I can connect to this server from other systems
> outside of my domain, but none of my own clients or servers can get a
> connection to open on the download.fedora.redhat.com server.  I can
> connect to other FTP and web sites without any problems.  A traceroute
> gets as far as redhat-2.border1.phx004.pnap.net (69.25.121.26) and stops
> there after fourteen hops.
>
> I would appreciate some help or suggestions in resolving this problem.

No problem to connect to that system from Taiwan....

It is normal for the traceroute to "fail" at 69.25.121.26 using the
default settings.

Use "traceroute -T 209.132.183.67" as root.

Ed

--
Mulder: You know, I always wanted a peg-leg. It was a boyhood thing I
never grew out of. "The X-Files: Quagmire" 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段