touchpad not working in Fedora 13 x86_64

Paul Morgan jumanjiman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:03:54 UTC 2010

Problem
-------
Touchpad does not work on a Sony Vaio laptop VPCEB33FM with
Fedora 13 x86_64.

Troubleshooting
---------------
I've looked at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration
and performed some troubleshooting.

Files and command output
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've posted several files for review at:
  http://github.com/jumanjiman/sony-files
You can browse the files with a web browser; you don't
have to know git to see the files.
* dmidecode
* lspci -vvvv
* cat /proc/bus/input/devices
* /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-touchpad.conf
* /var/log/Xorg.0.log

What I know
~~~~~~~~~~~
* The mouse is /dev/input/event2 (/dev/input/mouse0)
  - cat /dev/input/mouse0
  - cat /dev/input/event2
  - move finger around touchpad fails to emit output
* I've tried custom input file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-touchpad.conf
  with several iterations and can confirm that my inputclass
  is recognized based on the identity (e.g., paul00 mouse0)
  showing up in Xorg.0.log (see github URL above for actual files)

Any suggestions would be great.

tia,
-paul