Broken mail readers (was Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?)

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 18:41:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:28:58 -0700
JD wrote:

> OK, so is it possible that gmail is filtering the message that
> is sent back to the list (in this case to the original sender),
> based on message ID? Os is the list server doing the filtering?

Its not the list server. When I had an att.net email address,
I always got back the copy that took the round trip. Unless
the list server is doing something special for mail that comes
in via gmail, it is gmail itself doing the filtering. (And I
see the same behavior on non-redhat lists as well which use
different mailing list software). And in fact, this FAQ is
available on gmail itself:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82454