kglobalaccel memory usage

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:55:04 UTC 2010

>> Yehiel, what is the RSS (Resident Set Size) for kglobalaccel ?
>>
>> PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
>> 2480 djyb      20   0  183m 127m 4048 S  0.0 12.7   0:49.64 kglobalaccel
>>
>> according to top, 127m, I guess that 127MB

WoW, sounds to me way too much for such a simple task, although I have
to add that KDE4's promise "thanks to cleanup and modularization it
will use less resources" is the most broken promise ^^

You might have a look at bugs.kde.org and file an appropriate entry if
you don't find one.

Another good idea if you can invest some time is to use valgrind to
find out where all that memory is spentö

- Clemens