[OT] ping Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 14 09:34:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 21:45 +0000, g wrote:
> do you recall date of message you posted with instructions on how you
> spoof your email address?
>
> if not, would you please post again.
>
> i know several folks who are plagued with spam and need a good way to
> eliminate it.

Not off the top of my head.  To be clear, it's not spoofing, since it's
a real address, and one of my own.

I sign up twice, using two different email addresses.  I set one of the
memberships to NOT send me any mail, I send to the list using this
public email address.  This public email address accepts, but deletes
any mail that is set to it.  Spammers who've harvested my address will
send to this address, and I'll never see it.  The list lets me post
using this address, because it's joined up using it.  Of course, I set
up the deleting feature after I joined.

I receive list mail from the other membership, to the other unpublic
address.  Only the list server knows about this address.  Theoretically,
no spammer would be know it, or be able to spam it, unless they crack
the member list.  When I reply, I reply back using the public address

You use a similar technique with usenet.  You join a newsgroup, and read
and write with it, using NNTP not your email address.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.