Proprietary or open source NVidia drivers?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 14 11:57:27 UTC 2010

Geoffrey Leach:
>> Hmmmm ... I think I understand your problem. However, unless you wish
>> to have the wrath of the Open Source community descend upon your
>> head,

Valent Turkovic:
> What is "the wrath of the Open Source community" ? ;) Please define
> this first so that I can decide if I want it or not.

Good question, I can imagine:  Zero assistance with resolving problems
and outspoken scorn, for starters.

I've it with some attempts at making bug reports, which got an immediate
response along the lines of:  Try again without the proprietary thingy.
And if it works, after that, the solution is to stop using the
proprietary thingy, get *them* to fix *that*, not for us to change our
thingummy to suit.

There's probably more annoying things, but that's the first one that
springs to mind.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686