Veriton S661 Internal Speaker Issue

Jafaruddin Lie jafaruddin.lie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 23:56:49 UTC 2010

Hi guys
I own a Veriton S661 running Fedora 13 64bit.
Currently I am using the embedded 7.1-channel high-definition audio
that comes with the machine.
I have an old Logitech Z530 (5.1) speakers plugged into the rear I/O
ports, and the sound works perfectly (tested each channel with the
Sound Config and it works :))

My issue is that with the external speakers plugged in, I am still
hearing sound coming out of the internal speaker, so I get the sound
coming out of the internal speaker AND the external speakers.
The way I got around it at the moment is by plugging a headphone into
the front headphone jack. That seems to disable the internal speakers,
so I know that at least that is working.

I have checked, and the pcspkr module is not loaded. Ran pavucontrol
and alsa-config, couldn't find anything about the internal speaker.

Is there anyway to turn it off, I don't really want to yank the cables ;)

--
Registered Linux user no. 384430