Copy and paste in Terminal

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 03:03:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> I'll bite. How are the two processes different? As far as copying text
>> they seem exactly the same.
>
> They use 2 different "buffers" to store the "copied" text.  They can be
> used together if you so choose....

Okay, I can now say I really don't like using the middle wheel. It
requires me to take my hands off the keyboard twice. I'd really like
to be able to highlight the the mouse, and paste with a keyboard
combination.

Anyway, I also now realize it doesn't work with screen -- I can't copy
in one window and paste to another. The buffer must somehow get
deleted, or perhaps there's a buffer for each screen window?

Thanks again,
Alex