Copy and paste in Terminal

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:47:33 UTC 2010

On 15 October 2010 08:03, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 15, 2010 14:19:28 Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 23:03 -0400, Alex wrote:
>> > Okay, I can now say I really don't like using the middle wheel. It
>> > requires me to take my hands off the keyboard twice. I'd really like
>> > to be able to highlight the the mouse, and paste with a keyboard
>> > combination.
>>
>> You seem to be mixing up the two methods of copying. You highlight with
>> the left mouse button and copy with the middle mouse button. NO keyboard
>> is involved,
>
> No, Alex understands that there are two separate ways to copy-paste. We
> clarified that before in the thread. What he wants is to unify the two
> clipboard buffers --- to select with the mouse and paste with the keyboard.
> Mainly because he doesn't feel comfortable clicking with the mouse wheel.
>
> This can probably be achieved using some clipboard manager software, but
> requires some configuring. I've never done anything similar, he needs to
> investigate various managers and find out.

I think I explained how to do that in my first post, (penultimate paragraph)

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-October/384715.html

Also if Alex is uncomfortable with middle clicks, he can use the
left-right simultaneous click as pointed out by Tim in an earlier
post.

> HTH, :-)
> Marko

Hope this will help.