Installing F14 Beta

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 15 18:23:14 UTC 2010

  On 10/15/10 10:52 AM, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 13:15 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On 10/14/10 5:10 PM, Tom H wrote:
>>> The list info on
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users  states that
>>> "this list provides community assistance, encouragement, and advice
>>> for Fedora users" without specifying a release version, however the
>>> developers would probably appreciate knowing about an F14 problem
>>> throughhttp://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test  (for example).
>>> --
>> IMHO F14 is not a Fedora version, given that it hasn't been released
>> yet. Same with Rawhide.
>>
>> poc
> There IS a fedora test list.
True, for both POC and you.  However, guys coming down on someone like
they are a nail and you are a hammer is not very good for FC public
relations and sometimes does not get the 'job done.'

It just might be good to know what did not work with the beta when the
GA comes down and we experience the same problem in this list.  Such
information should not be placed into a vacuum or list that gets wiped
for each FC 'version'.

And Rawhide is a Fedora 'version' as is 14, but they have their own list
for now and brokenness and other issues SHOULD go to them.

James McKenzie