Suggestions about podcast apps (rhythmbox and vlc)

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:40:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was looking for some application to listen to and maybe keep some of
the podcasts I want to listen to. So far I have been using rhythmbox, it
serves my purposes just right except when something goes wrong and the
database (its in XML format) goes bad. Apparently there is no way of
easily importing/combining databases for the podcast feeds for rhythmbox.

So I tried out the latest feature enhancements in vlc, again it works
perfectly except that I can't save any of the podcasts.

Does anyone know how to solve either of these problems? Or is there some
other application that meets my needs? I am open to trying new
applications as long as they are light on the desktop (the reason I
didn't like Miro).

Thanks for any thoughts.

--
Suvayu