Which package you would like every new Fedora user to see?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:48:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 10/13/2010 11:19 AM, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 19:43 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>> All three are already added, but feel free to suggest some new great
>>> tools and apps that you feel are missing.
>> Depending on your target audience, what about geany?
> Do not forget ffmpeg and various audio codecs and libs, and win32 codecs.
> Also, flash plugin. Important for viewing flash web content.

Audio and video codecs including flash are preinstalled. We are going
the path of Linux Mint to make user experience best as possible right
out of the box, and for not that means also including few non-open
components. As soon as they become redundant we will drop them for
open source ones. But unfortunately for now there must be few
proprietary pieces in order to make linux destop usable for non geeks
and non developers ie. regular users.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com