VNC on Fedora 13 x86_64

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Sat Oct 16 18:33:35 UTC 2010

Hi --

I installed Fedora 13 x86_64 on a VMWare machine.
I can run vncserver (tigervnc) and run vncviewer
on localhost and it displays correctly.  I can also
run vncviewer from a Fedora 13 i386 VM and display
the x86_64 system correctly.

When I try to display the x86_64 system using
vncviewer on a Fedora 10 or CentOS 5.5 system,
I get a completely black screen.  If I remove the
"exec xinitrc" code in .vnc/xsetup, I can display
the twm window manager.

BTW, I don't have any problem displaying the Fedora
13 i386 display on F10.  Incidentally, I'm running
KDE, not Gnome.

Anyone have a resolution for this problem?

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077