Downloading trailers from Apple?

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:06:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using FC13 with the latest firefox and chrome, and neither can
download the Apple movie trailers, such as this one:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/conviction/

I've selected Watch Now->Download->1080p. It downloads a 80b file,
which apparently contains a path to the actual MOV file, but not the
whole file. It also starts to play the audio in the background without
any reference to where it is coming from.

Both firefox and chromium do the same thing. I've tried configuring
the file associations, particularly those for .mov files to "Save As"
instead of playing, but it has no apparent effect.

Pointers greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex