How to change console font in grub2?

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 22:44:54 UTC 2010

On 16 October 2010 23:36, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I have to do run
> grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
> every time a new kernel rpm is installed?
> If so, then it is a nasty requirement, because
> updates are set to be automatic, but running
> this command is not.
> If we are at some point forced to switch to grub2,
> we have to re-add our boot params to the conf file??
> It sounds like it.
> I am not impressed at all.

I run grub2 that I built from upstream sources, so yes, every time
there is a new Fedora kernel installed I have to run grub-mkconfig
manually.

But in Ubuntu, for example, grub-mkconfig gets called automatically
after a kernel update. I assume that is what already happens in Fedora
or will happen if and when grub2 becomes the default. It would not
make sense otherwise.