apmd rpm missing

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Sun Oct 17 18:41:37 UTC 2010

While comparing installed F13 rpms on a 32-bit laptop with a 64-bit
laptop I found that apmd is not installed on the 64-bit machine. After
trying to install it with yum I found that there are apmd rpms in
Everything/i386 and Everything/source but not in Everything/x86_64. It's
not just missing in my local repo -- it's missing in the
Everything/x86_64 directory at download.fedora.redhat.com. I tried
rebuilding the source rpm on the 64-bit machine and was abruptly advised
"error: Architecture is not included: x86_64". There's no clue in 'man
apmd'.

Is there more to this story?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL