About /etc/rsyslog.conf

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 19:28:36 UTC 2010

  I would like to have fiewall messages of dropped or blocked packets
to go to a separate file /n /var/log. So I looked at
/etc/rsyslog.conf and I see entries like:

ews.=debug                                       /var/log/news/news.debug
kern.=debug                                       /var/log/messages

So far, the tag kern.=debug is diverting all kernel debug,
including the iptables messages of dropped and blocked
packets  to /var/log/messages.

Does anyone know how to divert the iptables messages
to a separate file?