F13: Problem with Gparted?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:47:52 UTC 2010

  On 10/18/2010 01:58 PM, Dan Thurman wrote:
> I used gparted on F13 to create an extended partition with
> various logical partitions installed and from the F13 gparted
> gui, there was no gaps.
>
> But when I rebooted and logged into my F9 system, I started
> gparted and I am showing 1MB unallocated space for every
> logical partition that I created.
>
> Now I cannot tell which F9/F13 gparted app is telling the truth.
>
> Any ideas?

All partitions must start at cylinder boundaries
and end at cylinder boundary.
So, when allocating partitions, be sure that the
size you are selecting is a multiple of cylinder size.
That way next partition allocate will start at next
cylinder boundary immediately adjacent to end of
previous partition.