Installing Openshot video editor

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:23:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:30 AM,  <orschiro at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to install openshot. As it is not available in any repo I
> picked the rpm package from here.
>
> http://killobyte.com/openshot/
>
> Unfortunately it needs python2.6, giving me the following error:
>
> mlt-python-0.5.4-1.fc14.x86_64 requires python(abi) = 2.6
> openshot-1.2.2-1.fc13.noarch requires python(abi) = 2.6
>
> I'm using f14 so there's only python2.7 in the repos. Where could I
> find python2.6?

I've been looking for a video editor to handle HD video (AVCHD) that
my camera produces. If it works with those I'd like to know if it
would be possible to get it added to the standard Fedora repos!

Kino will edit them but only after downgrading them to 480p and
cinelerra is WAY to hard for me to use.

You could try forcing it to install and see if it works.

Richard