kdenlive (was Re: Installing Openshot video editor)

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:17:47 UTC 2010

2010/10/19 Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>

> On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 08:34 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Enable the RPMFusion.org repos and install kdenlive. I've edited
> > several HD video recordings with kdenlive as it uses ffmpeg as a
> > backend and can read and output in full 1920x1080 to any codec of your
> > choice.
>
> This interests me, as a video production person who's still in the
> analogue world, because the Windows/Mac worlds of digital video just
> plain suck, unless you can throw broadcasting amounts of dollars at
> software and hardware.  (Those who've used real editing hardware know
> just how annoying computer editors are with their interfaces, and lack
> of knobs to just reach out and tweak, with menus to wade through.)
> We're still using a $20,000 edit suite, because we're not going to throw
> that away to be replaced with horrible $2,000 computer editing.
>
> Have you compared using this with the usual opposition (Adobe Premiere,
> Pinnacle, FinalCut, etc.)?  Operation-wise, and rendering time-wise?
>
> One thing we've noticed with some of the free editing software is that
> you're going to spend so much time trying to render the final product
> that you can't use it professionally.  And that things fall over and die
> a few seconds into trying to acquire your vision, in the first place.
>
> --
> [tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
>
> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
> read messages from the public lists.
>

> --

Kdenlive is a Fully Professional editor, Maybe the best of the best, there's
a cool tutorial you can see in order to
learn about it's capabilities, the first parts are just for explaining basic
stuff and the final one is a deeper conference
about Kdenlive:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=602F0DE4A97B0E65&playnext=1&v=AZVsL1SSuGs

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6