Can't remove package from update manager

Silent-Hunter cheery314 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:36:07 UTC 2010

  On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>   On 10/20/2010 08:58 AM, Silent-Hunter wrote:
>>    I installed a package that I downloaded from the Internet. Not from
>> any repository. I removed it, but it still wants to update. I tried yum
>> clean all, but it didn't work. Please help?
> What was the name of the package you installed?
>
> If you do an "rpm -q name-of-package" does it show installed?
>
> How did you uninstall it?

I uninstalled it with the Add/Remove gui. The name of the package is
zsnes. I think I may have installed the version for Mandriva Linux by
mistake, as the package has the letters 'mdv' in it.  rpm -q zsnes shows
only the other zsnes package, the i586 one from the repository. I was
trying to install an x86_64 one but it didn't work. That's why I removed it.