Wine, pulseaudio, Starcraft problems

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Thu Oct 21 15:05:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I was trying to get WINE to behave I would sometime rename my
> .wine to back it up and start over. That let me know if it was
> something I screwed up in the configuration. Sometime copying to files
> from one to the other worked, other times I had to reinstall. Drastic,
> but it's a good last resort. And you can always move it back without
> loosing anything.

That's a good idea, thanks.  Though, as someone suggested, I did try
running it under a different account, which I think has the same
effect.

I found some more performance tweaks on the winehq site, including
registry changes.  None of them seemed to help.  I think I may have to
resign myself to lousy performance.  At least it's stable and sort of
playable.  Maybe the early game was just less taxing with few units,
etc.

Reid