Build custom module

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:24:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 17:54 +0200, orschiro at googlemail.com wrote:
> It's this module here: http://github.com/tetromino/lenovo-sl-laptop
>
> I own a Lenovo SL500 with which this module worked very well in the past.
>
> Thank you for your help.

OK. Before I begin, I have no lenovo laptop to test this patch on and
this part of the kernel (backlight, ACPI) is not something I have
experience in (I looked at other drivers and used them as reference), so
it may literally OOPS your kernel, blowup your display, break into your
bank account and eat your firstborn. In short, make sure you have a
recent backup of your data. (This comment is longer than the actual
patch :))

Patch attached. Good luck.

- Gilboa