kdenlive (was Re: Installing Openshot video editor)

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Oct 22 04:30:42 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 9:03 AM, Claude Jones wrote:
> I had a little time and tried to install OpenShot on my F14TC1 box. I
> had the same result - it has a dependency on Python 2.6 and the version
> of Python installed by F14 is 2.7 - seems like an error - usually newer
> versions satisfy older dependency requirements; but, there could be a
> reason. I've logged a support query on the OpenShot website - I'll post
> any replies I get.

short update: there was a slight misunderstanding about my original
query on the OpenShot support page; it's been straightened out and I've
posted a follow-up query on their forum installation questions section;
the Fedora rpm is maintained by a volunteer, and I was advised to do
this in order to get his attention on the issue of the Python
dependency; so, it's done and I'm waiting

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA