homebrew channel bonding??

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Oct 22 23:47:45 UTC 2010

Dave Stevens wrote:
> I'm using F13 atatched to an adsl line with connection speeds of 6.25 mbps
> down and .71 mbps up. I'd like to increase the upload speed and from my
> reading it seems as if channel bonding would work. Anyone have a pointer to a
> Linux option for doing this?

It's been a long time since I did that (using dial-up modems) but I do know that
you need to have both ends aware of the bonding. In other words the bonds all
have to go between the same two cooperating endpoints. If that hasn't completely
spoiled your solution, http://goo.gl/5vIk should pretty much get you going, and
http://goo.gl/XBqD is a more detailed way of looking at it.

You will probably have to load the bonding driver by hand, debug, and automate
after you get it working.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>