Multifunction printer with Linux support?

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 03:06:14 UTC 2010

On Sat October 23 2010, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After many years my Samsung MFP died and I need to get a new one. I
> want a B/W or color laser, preferably duplex, with network interface
> MFP that works with Linux and OSX. Anyone has any suggestions or
> recommendations?

It's not laser, but I have an HP Deskjet F4480. It connects via USB and
does scanning, and printing quite nicely under Linux. It'll also copy, but
that's independant of the O/S on the computer. As I say, it's an inkjet
instead of a Laser, and I have yet to have to buy any ink for it, but I
know several places to refill cartridges and/or buy refilled cartridges.