X won't start after upgrade last night

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:03:33 UTC 2010

On 24 October 2010 18:29, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> I did an upgrade last night (fc13, x86) to get the security updates, and
> on the reboot X doesn't come up. I think I've seen this before, but can
> someone jog my memory what it messed up? And thoughts as to why would be
> appreciated as well, of course.

Can you go through your yum log and see what exact packages did you update?

With me X boots fine, but it has frozen several times over the past 24
hours (I am on 32 bits, Intel graphics).

Looking at my yum log for Saturday, I see that glibc was updated with
this version:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/glibc-2.12.1-3?_csrf_token=4c28cc8ac4b1270649f2c6e0f2ee93d8717c19c0

The list of changes looks harmless enough, still I am considering
downgrading glibc if I have another freeze, to see if that solves the
problem.