Update failes

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 11:33:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, mike cloaked wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> It is an update from fedora 10 to fedora 13.
>> Sorry for the confusion !
>
> An update from f10 to f13 in one jump is likely to be fraught with problems!
>
> Why not do a clean install of f13 and then fixup the issues that arise
> with any existing user setups etc?
Because I want to update the machine, it save a lot of my time. I even
have to update 1 more machine from fedora 11 to fedora 13.

I addition, if I am correct, this update problem already happened
when I tried to updated from fedora 7 to fedora 10 and it has not
been fixed right (I probably had to resintall every things).
If updating from 10 to 11, from 11 to 12 and from 12 to 13 would be the
solution then I would do it. But in my opinion this is  not the issue.
Anaconda do not like something in the partitioning, the logical volumes ?
the hard drives ?
This time I would like to make these updates right.
I guess that the output file of anaconda should tell what is wrong.

Regards.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |