Update failes

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 17:41:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 10/25/2010 04:33 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> I addition, if I am correct, this update problem already happened
>> when I tried to updated from fedora 7 to fedora 10 and it has not
>> been fixed right (I probably had to resintall every things).
>
> Is there a reason why you wait until months (if not years) after a
> Fedora version reaches EOL before upgrading?
No Time
>> If updating from 10 to 11, from 11 to 12 and from 12 to 13 would be the
>> solution then I would do it. But in my opinion this is  not the issue.
>
> Upgrading Fedora by skipping releases is considered to be risky at best,
> and is never recommended.  Your opinion is wrong.
Did you have a lock on the anaconda output file ?
If you demonstrate me that it is the problem I will try to update to
fedora 11 and it will have to work !
I built up my opinion on the fact that anaconda even did not try to
start the update. It did fail before the update !
It seems not happy with the logical volumes or with the partitions
configuration.

Regards.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |