kvm_amd and cpufreq_ondemand

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 08:40:31 UTC 2010

 I have a system which I need to leave drawing as little power as
possible but provide performance, so I cannot peg the cores at their
maximum speed. However, even with cpufreq_ondemand loaded, it seems that
no virtual machine can generate enough load to cause it to bump the cpu
frequency above 800Mhz (the minimum).

Is such a thing even possible? I can do it manually and it seems ot
cause no problems.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"Oh the nerves, the nerves; the mysteries of this machine called man! Oh
the little that unhinges it, poor creatures that we are!" -- Charles