Can palimpsest disk utility create LVM partition?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Oct 27 00:52:38 UTC 2010

On 10/26/2010 08:42 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 19:04 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Palimpsest lists"
>>
>> EXT2,3,4, XFS, minix, NTFS, Swap, Empty, and Extended Partition
>>
>> So how do I do this as an LVM (and then put down the ext3
>> partitions....).
>>

> The obvious answer would be by using another tool.  What else do you
> like using?  Are you happy with using the command line?

I can use the command line when it is either something I use a lot (like
grep!) or I can copy and paste from instructions into a terminal window :)

I don't know of any other tools. I would use yumex to see what is in the
repo.

> When you get there, I'd use a formatting option that does a proper bad
> block check, as well.  It'll take ages, but it's better to find out that
> you've got a bad drive before you start using it.

Smart gives the drive a thumbs up. Often the hardware of such devices
busily mask any bad blocks on the drive so you always come up clean.