mail to another machine on the LAN

Hiisi saippua5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:02:14 UTC 2010

ke, 2010-10-27 kello 05:10 -0500, Mike Chambers kirjoitti:
> On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 08:57 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
<--SNIP-->
> That should be the only option you have to change in your sendmail.mc
> file, as I do that as well and use the line like you did below...
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> Also, edit your /etc/mail/localhost file and add in the domains/aliases
> of that particular machine running sendmail (add them under each other,
> not beside each other, as in one line at a time).

There's no /etc/mail/localhost file on both machines. Should I create
it? If so, then where (i.e. on which machine)?
There's only /etc/mail/local-host-names. It holds localhost aliases.

> Not sure if this matters, but on my machine I use as a server, I run
> "network" service on it instead of NetworkManager.  May or may not be
> your problem as well.

NetworkManager is disabled on both machines.
Thank you. Appreciate your effort!
--
You will be misunderstood by everyone.