User Switcher Applet

Hiisi saippua5 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:07:25 UTC 2010

la, 2010-10-30 kello 21:42 +0530, Sawrub kirjoitti:
> On 10/30/2010 02:55 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> > la, 2010-10-30 kello 14:40 +0530, Sawrub kirjoitti:
> >> The user switcher applet in the panel on mouse hover shows the
> >> tool-tip "Change Account Settings and Status". I do understand how to
> >> change the account settings, can some one explain how/of what to change
> >> the status.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Saurabh Sharma
> >> Linux user number: 490644
> >> http://sawrub-blog.blogspot.com/
> >> Open your doors.......It's time to look beyond Windows
> >>
> > Does it means that you can lock the screen/logout there?
> yes, locking/logging out is the option there but seems like that this
> has nothing to do with status. I've removed empathy as i'm a pidgin fan,
> but seesm like empathy is controlled [changing status being online,
> busy, offline] using the same applet and seems like a bug left out since
> empathy is no more on the machine.
>
> --
> Saurabh Sharma
> Linux user number: 490644
> http://sawrub-blog.blogspot.com/
> Open your doors.......It's time to look beyond Windows

I've never had empathy installed on my machine (f12). I use preupgrade
to upgrade from the last resort of pidgin (f11). So this system never
had empathy installed. However alt-tag of the right corner menu reads
the same: "...and change status".
--
Pardo's First Postulate:
	Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.

Arnold's Addendum:
	Everything else causes cancer in rats.