Your feedback on new fedoraproject.org design

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 31 12:24:22 UTC 2010

*In HTML* On 10/31/2010 08:29 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>  Hi
>
> As many of you might have already noticed, fedoraproject.org now has a new
> design.   Since we have a new release of Fedora 14 coming up in 4 days,
> maybe you can take a few minutes of your time to go through the site and
> send your feedback to webmaster AT fedoraproject.org

first off, you limited your audience using 'html' because there are readers
of this list who send 'html' to "Trash".

pages are not 'lhj' and are an improvement over first attempt.

pages do look better than old pages.

references to 'beta' should state 'Fedora 14' instead of just 'beta'.
anyone who is new to terms used with 'fedoraproject' could get confused.

page  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease states;

  "Get the next Fedora, right now."

and

  "This is pre-release software."

where a new to fedora reader must presume release version.

'selections bar' on;

 "http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options"

  "* Desktops" ==  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#desktops
    really does not go anywhere.

  "* Formats" ==  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#formats
    goes to/is a new page where,
    hot link 'http://spins.fedoraproject.org/' and
     'Go to Spins Directory' are redundant.

    "live media / spins / dvd", "intel / amd / pc", "32 bit / 64 bit"
     are _formats_? "formats' is given a different meaning on page;
     "http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora"

   "* Activities" ==
     word 'activities' is misleading as to what is actually listed.

page;

  "http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora"

appears more as a 'push' for live media.

all in all, i stopped looking at new pages and give them a "B-". had i gone
thru more pages, i felt sure that things would get more confusing and i
would have to drop score.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,