another DNS problem

Hiisi saippua5 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 14:42:48 UTC 2010

su, 2010-10-31 kello 17:47 +1030, Tim kirjoitti:
<--SNIP-->

> If you cannot set your own reverse DNS, you'll have to ask your ISP (or
> mail host) to set it for you.  If they cannot, you're stuck.

<--SNIP-->

Thank you for clarification, Tim! Your responses are always explain the
basics of the underlying problem. I've contacted my ISP and domain name
provider. They both couldn't find anything wrong in my configuration.
I've changed SMART_HOST option in sendmail.mc to bracketed version.
Despite it didn't helped immediately, the problem is gone now. I don't
know what caused it because neither me nor ISP people did nothing to it
at that moment. Strangely, mail queue released and all letters hit the
rcpt to address. Probably the culprit is ISP' smtp-server, but I'm not
sure here. Now everything work flawlessly and I'm pretty happy with it.
As usual, this list is a grate source of quick help. Thanks to
everybody.
--
It seems that more and more mathematicians are using a new, high level
language named "research student".