SELinux - a call for end-of-life.

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:01:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 16:04:55 JB wrote:
> I think the more profound question has to be asked - does it serve the
> Linux community (professional and amateur) ?

Well, it certainly did serve me, when one of my user's account got compromised
--- SELinux was the one stopping the intruder from getting root access to the
whole machine.

As for the rest of the Linux community, I cannot make any hard claims, but it
seems to be useful for a large number of people, just by looking at the recent
threads on this list.

And people who don't find it useful can always shut it down, it's their choice.

Best, :-)
Marko