Download confirmation now not prompts me!

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 17:21:21 UTC 2010

Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn at gmail.com>
>Sent: Sep 1, 2010 10:03 AM
>To: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>, Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
>Subject: Re: Download confirmation now not prompts me!
>
>On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM, James Mckenzie
><jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>wrote:
>
>Maybe remove the alias?
>>
>> I don't have any idea why yum would be yum -y but if you did not do it, I
>> would suspect someone else has been on your machine and did this?  (See the
>> Selinux threads for why you should use it.)  I would, at a minimum, consider
>> this system compromised.
>

>But Selinux, I have disabled! and further, if someone is on my machine,
>there is no other change except this one and by doing this one a net zero
>percentage of benefit he/she would be getting! But I don't know if my
>machine has been compromised or not but I never desire that and as far as my
>intellectual exists, it is not being compromised.

Given what you posted, I have no idea why your system is receiving yum -y instead of yum and you being prompted for permission to install.

And with that information, no your system does not appear to be compromised.  However, might I suggest running with SeLinux in permissive mode?  That way you will receive alerts when your system is 'touched' by someone other than you?

James McKenzie