GNOME Terminal questions

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:55:14 UTC 2010

I don't know about the other questions but I have faced this one before.

On 1 September 2010 14:17, Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:
> - It appears that sometimes when I resize the terminal, it is not
> acknowledged by the remote computer when connected via ssh through a
> screen session. How do I configure my terminal session so that
> information is transmitted through to the remote session? Would it
> pertain to PROMPT_COMMAND and PS1?

AFAIK its not the terminal emulator on Fedora, its the remote shell
which is at fault. Are your remote machines pre-RHEL 5.x machines? I
use Scientific Linux 4.x and 5.x as remote machines. I have noticed
this problem when I am logged on to the SL 4.x machines, and it goes
away on SL 5.x machines. So there is nothing you can do about it other
than upgrade your remote shells.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu