OT ? I'm about this close to buying an iPad...

Paul Cartwright fedora at pcartwright.com
Thu Sep 2 19:12:05 UTC 2010

On Thu September 2 2010, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Might I recommend:
> http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=e
>
> It's coming out in October, but it's a 10.1" Android tablet for $300
> USD. Seems like it might fit the bill.

Might I also throw in:
http://www.devicemag.com/2010/09/02/samsung-galaxy-tab-launch-date-is-in-october-price-to-be-announced-soon/

Samsung Galaxy Tab Launch Date is in October, Price to Be Announced Soon
According to company reps, the Galaxy Tab is an “operator-friendly alternative
to iPad”. The device is going to be priced differently from carrier to
carrier, who would ultimately determine what it sells for. But knowing that
the 3G-enabled iPad with 16GB of storage goes for $629 and the 32GB model for
$729 (unlocked that is, from Apple.com), we’re expecting the Samsung Galaxy
Tab to be a lot cheaper — after all the iPad is a 9.7″ device with plenty of
goodies inside.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800