F12/13: Gnome Desktop Session saves - do not work

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Sep 3 03:28:47 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 04:44 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> I am getting all sorts of wierd problems trying to
> get the gnome desktop sessions save to work,
> and it does not work most of the time or at least
> I cannot save the durn thing at least once you know,
> like the Ronco: "Save it and forget it!" sort of thing...
> ok, ok, so I embellished it.
>
> When is this gonna get fixed - or - shall I ask, has
> anyone else besides me have an issue with this?
Well, I recall this was broken for several Fedora releases, ...

> Sigh... Ubuntu got it right, so when is Fedora gonna
> get it right?
>
> Fedora is my favorite distro but come on, it has not
> worked right since F9 (barely), at least for me...
.. but it started working for me since some Fedora releases (could have
been F9)

> grumbling....

Is your (Presuming you to be using GNOME)
System
->Preferences
->Startup Applications->Options
->Automatically remember running applications when logging out
check box marked "checked"?

Ralf