[OT] general C++ question

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:17:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:23:54 +0200, Christoph wrote:

> The intention is to extend a visitor pattern with a templated class that
> overloads exactly one method.

Since my reply sent yesterday is truncated for unknown reasons, let me try
to reconstruct the missing part:

| v.FakeVisitor::visit(std::string("hallo"));

The declaration of GenericVisitor::visit hides the other visit members
found in the base class FakeVisitor. You would need to pull it into scope
either as above or with a "using" declaration (using FakeVisitor::visit)
in GenericVisitor.
That is independent from what you're trying to achieve with Boost, btw.