Fedora-13 lastest update kills upper case text entry

KC8LDO kc8ldo at arrl.net
Sun Sep 5 18:35:35 UTC 2010

I just updated my Fedora-13 64 bit box to the latest versions of the
installed packages. Now I find I can't enter any upper case characters!
Selecting upper case or lower case on the remote terminal makes no
difference, everything is entered as lower case text.  It worked just fine
before the update. I connect using Xrdp remotely to a Gnome GUI desktop.
Without being able to enter upper case text I'm screwed since various
passwords I have use upper case. The system is almost totally useless right
now. What the heck happened and how do I fix it!

73's

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO