How to pass two routers

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:56:09 UTC 2010

roland <roland <at> cat.be> writes:

> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:52:27 +0200, JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > roland <roland <at> cat.be> writes:

> >> Is there a way to tell the server at site A to pass all traffic
> >> 192.168.0.0/24 to site  B?
> >
> > Hi,
> > iptables, FORWARD, forwarding ?
> > JB
> >
> Can you give me an example. I'm not familiar with iptables. Would not like
> to do the wrong thing.
>
> Thanks

Hi,
it would be inappropriate for me to give you specific rules on how to activate
iptable forwarding on your live system (it is not a place to experiment if you
are not familiar with iptables).

I can tell you that once you become familiar with iptables, it will be easy.
Please get familiar with it, it is an important application in area of firewall
and routing.

This is netfilter/iptables main site:
http://www.netfilter.org/
Find Documentation section:
FAQ, HOWTOs, Tutorials

Search Google for:
iptables forwarding
iptables forward example

This is more technical summary:
$ man iptables
$ man ip6tables

Do it, it will pay off for the long run for you.
Experiment on your non-production desktop/laptop with Fedora, CentOS, RedHat.

The package that is installed (per dafault) is:
$ yum list iptables

It can be operated via:
- command line
- GUI (example of GNOME menu)